Goals of Leave The Pack Behind
Leave The Pack Behind promotes smoke-free post-secondary campuses. LTPB’s goal is to reduce smoking tobacco use among young adults. To achieve this LTPB delivers appealing, effective smoking cessation and prevention support to post-secondary students who smoke or are at risk of starting to smoke. Secondary goals include denormalizing the tobacco industry and facilitating smoke-free spaces on participating campuses..
Specific objectives to meet these goals of Leave The Pack Behind are:
- to reach as many post-secondary students as possible with a communication campaign of education, industry denormalization, and smoking prevention and cessation messages;
- to ensure uninterrupted access to smoking cessation interventions that are appealing and effective;
- to involve student-peers in a meaningful way to contributes to knowledge and skill development;
- to generate a tobacco control initiative with self-sustaining components to ensure ongoing attention to the issue of smoking on campus; and
- to disseminate program evaluation results to health professionals, researchers, lay people, government officials, etc.